Dr. Manios typically follows a staged treatment plan for Pleasanton liquid facelift patients:
- He will begin by addressing midface volume loss.
- Once he has restored fullness to features in the midface, he will smooth the smile lines for a more youthful appearance.
- Finally, he will use dermal fillers to rejuvenate the upper and/or lower face.
Even though patients usually benefit from the same stages of care, they often have different needs, and so the dermal fillers that Dr. Manios uses will vary from case to case. Learn more about how various products can improve each area of the face.
Addressing Midface Volume Loss with a Liquid Facelift
Pleasanton patients frequently explore treatment with Dr. Manios because they want to reduce the appearance of deep smile lines running from their nose to the corners of their mouth. However, directly treating these lines may not produce their desired results. If the cheeks and other midface features have fallen over time, these changes can make smile lines appear prominent even if patients have the lines filled in.
For this reason, Dr. Manios may recommend starting a liquid facelift by repositioning the cheeks to their normal anatomical location. JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC is a dermal filler that can immediately return fullness to the midface. This helps to create a natural-looking transition between the cheeks and mouth, achieving an overall younger appearance.
Smoothing Smile Lines
Once Dr. Manios has treated the midface, he typically uses JUVÉDERM® Ultra Plus XC or VOLLURE™ to continue reducing the hard boundaries between the cheeks and mouth. The treatment won’t eliminate smile lines completely, but it will add volume in a way that softens features and makes them look more youthful.
Ultra Plus and VOLLURE both offer benefits to Pleasanton liquid facelift patients, and deciding between the two usually comes down to a choice between budget and convenience. Ultra Plus lasts about one year and has a lower price. VOLLURE is a premium solution that can last for up to two years, meaning that you don’t need treatment as often and can enjoy its effects for longer. Dr. Manios can discuss both options with you.
Rejuvenating the Upper and/or Lower Face with a Liquid Facelift
A heart-shaped face—one with more fullness in the upper features than in the lower features—tends to make people look younger. Dr. Manios may recommend adding volume to your temples to give you this youthful shape. He typically uses Ultra Plus or VOLUMA for this liquid facelift treatment.
Other Pleasanton patients will benefit from treatment for the lower face:
- Manios can administer KYBELLA® to reduce prominent jowls, define a patient’s jawline, and soften the transition zone between the lower cheeks and lower mouth.
- Marionette lines can make the corners of your mouth appear downturned, age your features, and give you an unhappy facial expression. VOLLURE or Ultra Plus soften marionette lines and return fullness where you need it.
- Vertical lines above your lips may add years to your appearance. VOLBELLA® or Ultra Plus can fill in these lines and make them significantly less noticeable.
Regardless of the specific products that Dr. Manios uses, the personalized planning, attentive care, and expert treatment that you will receive should contribute to an excellent outcome.
Restore natural-looking youthfulness to your features with a liquid facelift. Pleasanton patients can schedule an appointment with Dr. Manios online or by phone at (925) 989-6560.