BOTOX Cosmetic is the most well-known treatment in the world for temporarily smoothing away crow’s feet, forehead lines, and furrows between the brows. It is a nonsurgical, well-established, and effective approach to reducing the appearance of unwanted wrinkles.
Dr. Christopher Manios, a Harvard trained surgeon, has dedicated his career to treatment with injectable solutions such as BOTOX. Danville, CA, patients rely on his practice because of the expertise and attention to detail he brings to their care.
Dr. Manios encourages anyone interested in BOTOX to view it as a medical procedure as well as an aesthetic opportunity. Safe, effective outcomes rely on proper administration. In many practices, plastic surgeons relegate injections to their nurses. In others, doctors who lack extensive training in aesthetic injectables or an in-depth understanding of deep-layer anatomy perform the procedure. Dr. Manios’ patients can have confidence that a skilled and experienced surgeon will be conducting their treatment.
BOTOX Before & After
To see real patient results, please visit our before-and-after photo gallery.
What Does BOTOX Treat?
BOTOX is most commonly used to treat:
- Crow’s Feet: Otherwise known as radial wrinkles, these lines form in the corners of the eyes and resemble a bird’s foot. Changes in the collagen and elastin in your face usually cause them to develop.
- Frown Lines: Frowning and squinting contract small muscles that form lines in the glabella (the area between your eyes on your forehead). These lines can become permanent over time, aging your appearance and giving you a stern expression.
- Forehead Lines: Continually contracting the muscles in your forehead may cause horizontal lines to appear. These lines can also appear from genetics and sun exposure. As with crow’s feet and frown lines, when you age, these lines will become more prominent (and permanent) with persistent muscle contraction.
BOTOX treats crow’s feet and frown lines by relaxing the muscles beneath the skin that cause them to form. As a result, you should notice that lines and wrinkles either disappear or are significantly reduced for approximately 3 to 4 months. Treatment can prevent lines from becoming permanent.
Because BOTOX directly affects the underlying muscles, Dr. Manios also uses BOTOX for:
- Treating excessive sweating (hyperhidrosis) in the armpits and hands.
- Performing nonsurgical brow lifts.
- Improving the appearance of “gummy smiles.”
- Improving the appearance of smoker’s lines.
- Treating TMJ disorder.
To achieve your desired outcome, your treatment should be in line with your needs and goals. Dr. Manios offers a collaborative, transparent, and comprehensive approach so you can enjoy exactly the results you are looking for.
Who Is a Candidate for BOTOX?
For many men and women, BOTOX is an excellent procedure to address aging concerns. In general, the people who benefit from it most have healthy skin that is beginning to show signs of wrinkling around the corners of the eyes, along the forehead, and between the eyebrows. These kinds of lines and wrinkles are all caused by muscle tension in the face and are called dynamic wrinkles. Static wrinkles—wrinkles not related to muscle tension—are more effectively treated with dermal fillers. Dr. Manios sometimes combines these approaches to perform a liquid facelift.
What Are BOTOX Treatments Like?
During your initial visit, Dr. Manios will talk with you about what you want to accomplish. Then, he will conduct a facial assessment, evaluate areas that BOTOX may improve, and answer your questions about the process and expected outcomes.
In treatment, Dr. Manios will reconstitute the BOTOX product in the room with you and explain his process along the way. He will then administer a short series of injections into your targeted areas, which typically only takes about 15 to 20 minutes.
How Much BOTOX Will I Need?
For your initial treatment, Dr. Manios usually starts with the dose prescribed in the literature for your targeted area, which may be more conservative that you require. However, beginning at this level provides a safe and effective baseline.
Dr. Manios will ask you to take monthly photos at home so that you and he can review changes at the following visit. Based on these photos, he may recommend adjusting your dosage for one of several reasons:
- Longevity of results: BOTOX should provide 3 to 4 months of benefits. If your treatments do not provide the longevity you are expecting, you may require an increased dose.
- Facial symmetry: After your initial dosage, there is a possibility that there may be facial asymmetry. If you experience asymmetry, he will adjust the dosage in the affected area to create a balanced and attractive look.
- Unique goals: Some people prefer to have a lower dosage in order to maintain a greater range of movement in their expression. Others may prefer a higher dosage to stop any wrinkles from forming.
Whatever your goals, Dr. Manios will develop a custom treatment plan just for you.
What Is BOTOX Recovery Like?
Because BOTOX is an extremely low-risk, minimally invasive procedure, you can get back to your ordinary routine right away. The only limitations are to keep your head upright and avoid sleeping for the next few hours. Some people may experience slight bruising in the injection areas, but this is normal and should clear up within a few days. For the best results, you will need to follow all of Dr. Manios’ recovery instructions. These may include propping your head up while sleeping to eliminate swelling, limiting exposure to heat and sun, or using a cold compress to chill the area.
How Long Do BOTOX Results Last?
Following your treatment, you should notice that lines and wrinkles either disappear or are significantly reduced for up to 4 months. These improvements should take full effect about 7 to 14 days after the procedure.
Dr. Manios provides BOTOX to help people age much more gracefully than they might without intervention. He recommends receiving treatments on an ongoing basis to limit lines, wrinkles, and other signs of aging over time.
How Much Does BOTOX Cost?
Everyone has different needs when it comes to BOTOX, which is why Dr. Manios should see you in person prior to quoting a price. At this appointment, he will take a closer look at your concerns, ask about your medical history, and then devise a comprehensive treatment plan that will help you get the results you desire. At that time, he will provide a personalized pricing estimate.
Schedule Your Consultation
If you have noticed lines and wrinkles around your eyes or are exploring options for rejuvenating your appearance, you may be a good candidate for BOTOX. To get started, book an appointment online or by phone at (925) 989-6560. Dr. Manios provides BOTOX treatments to East Bay patients from Walnut Creek, San Ramon, and other nearby cities.
More BOTOX FAQs
What Is The Best BOTOX Advice for Before and After Treatment?
Dr. Manios offers guidelines to help you get the most from your treatment and avoid complications related to your care.
Is There Downtime After BOTOX?
There is no downtime after BOTOX. The treatment takes very little time, and after your appointment, you can return to your daily routine right away.
How Often Should I Get Botox If I am in My Early 30s?
Why wait to have Botox until after you have started to show signs of aging? If you are in your early 30s, you might be wondering how often you will have to receive BOTOX in order to stay looking young. Dr. Manios has a few things to say about just that.
*Individual results may vary