BOTOX Cosmetic is the most well-known treatment in the world for temporarily smoothing away crow’s feet, forehead lines, and furrows between the brows. It is a nonsurgical, well-established, and effective approach to reducing the appearance of unwanted wrinkles.
Dr. Christopher Manios, a Harvard-trained surgeon, has dedicated his career to treatment with injectable solutions such as BOTOX. People from Danville, Pleasanton, San Ramon, and Walnut Creek, CA, rely on his practice because of the expertise and attention to detail he brings to their care.
Why Choose Dr. Manios for Your BOTOX Treatments?
Have confidence that your treatment is being administered by a skilled and experienced surgeon. In many practices, plastic surgeons relegate injections to their nurses. In others, doctors who lack extensive training in aesthetic injectables or an in-depth understanding of deep-layer anatomy perform the procedure. With Dr. Manios, your treatment will always be doctor-administered, giving you the safety you deserve, the results you desire, and one of the best values in the region.
BOTOX Before & After
Before & After – Treatment with BOTOX® Cosmetic
To see real patient results, please visit our before-and-after photo gallery.
What Does BOTOX Treat?
BOTOX is most commonly used to treat:
- Crow’s Feet: Otherwise known as radial wrinkles, these lines form in the corners of the eyes and resemble a bird’s foot. Changes in the collagen and elastin in your face usually cause them to develop.
- Frown Lines: Frowning and squinting contract small muscles that form lines in the glabella (the area between your eyes on your forehead). These lines can become permanent over time, aging your appearance and giving you a stern expression.
- Forehead Lines: Continually contracting the muscles in your forehead may cause horizontal lines to appear. These lines can also appear from genetics and sun exposure. As with crow’s feet and frown lines, when you age, these lines will become more prominent (and permanent) with persistent muscle contraction.
BOTOX treats crow’s feet and frown lines by relaxing the muscles beneath the skin that cause them to form. As a result, you should notice that lines and wrinkles either disappear or are significantly reduced for approximately 3 to 4 months. Treatment can prevent lines from becoming permanent.
Other BOTOX Uses
Because BOTOX directly affects the underlying muscles, Dr. Manios also uses BOTOX for:
- Excessive sweating (hyperhidrosis) in the armpits and hands: BOTOX interrupts the nerve signals responsible for sweating.
- TMJ disorder treatment: Relieve jaw pain associated with TMJ by relaxing the masseter muscle responsible for chewing and talking.
- Migraine treatment: BOTOX interrupts the release of chemicals involved in transmitting pain signals, stopping migraines before they start.
- Nonsurgical brow lift: This gives your brows a subtly lifted look without surgery.
- Masseter reduction: Also called “BOTOX facial slimming,” relaxing the masseter softens a square face shape caused by overdeveloped jaw muscles.
- “Gummy smile” treatment: BOTOX relaxes the muscles that pull up on the lip so less of your gums are visible when you smile.
- Smoker’s lines treatment: Smooth away these vertical lines that surround the lips.
- BOTOX lip flip: Create the illusion of a larger upper lip by allowing the lip to turn subtly upward.
To achieve your desired outcome, your treatment should be in line with your needs and goals. Dr. Manios offers a collaborative, transparent, and comprehensive approach so you can enjoy exactly the results you are looking for.
How Much Does BOTOX Cost in Danville and San Ramon?
The cost of BOTOX is $13 per unit. Everyone has different needs when it comes to BOTOX, which is why Dr. Manios should see you in person prior to quoting a price. At this appointment, he will take a closer look at your concerns, ask about your medical history, and then devise a comprehensive treatment plan that will help you get the results you desire. At that time, he will provide a personalized pricing estimate.
Who Is a Candidate for BOTOX?
For many men and women, BOTOX is an excellent procedure to address aging concerns. In general, the people who benefit from it most have healthy skin that is beginning to show signs of wrinkling around the corners of the eyes, along the forehead, and between the eyebrows. These kinds of lines and wrinkles are all caused by muscle tension in the face and are called dynamic wrinkles. Static wrinkles—wrinkles not related to muscle tension—are more effectively treated with dermal fillers.
What Are BOTOX Treatments Like?
During your initial visit, Dr. Manios will talk with you about what you want to accomplish. Then, he will conduct a facial assessment, evaluate areas that BOTOX may improve, and answer your questions about the process and expected outcomes.
In treatment, Dr. Manios will reconstitute the BOTOX product in the room with you and explain his process along the way. He will then administer a short series of injections into your targeted areas, which typically only takes about 15 to 20 minutes.
How Much BOTOX Will I Need?
For your initial treatment, Dr. Manios usually starts with the dose prescribed in the literature for your targeted area, which may be more conservative that you require. However, beginning at this level provides a safe and effective baseline.
Dr. Manios will ask you to take monthly photos at home so that you and he can review changes at the following visit. Based on these photos, he may recommend adjusting your dosage for one of several reasons:
- Longevity of results: BOTOX should provide 3 to 4 months of benefits. If your treatments do not provide the longevity you are expecting, you may require an increased dose.
- Facial symmetry: After your initial dosage, there is a possibility that there may be facial asymmetry. If you experience asymmetry, he will adjust the dosage in the affected area to create a balanced and attractive look.
- Unique goals: Some people prefer to have a lower dosage in order to maintain a greater range of movement in their expression. Others may prefer a higher dosage to stop any wrinkles from forming.
Whatever your goals, Dr. Manios will develop a custom treatment plan just for you.
What Is BOTOX Recovery Like?
Because BOTOX is an extremely low-risk, minimally invasive procedure, you can get back to your ordinary routine right away. The only limitations are to keep your head upright and avoid sleeping for the next few hours. Some people may experience slight bruising in the injection areas, but this is normal and should clear up within a few days. For the best results, you will need to follow all of Dr. Manios’ recovery instructions. These may include propping your head up while sleeping to eliminate swelling, limiting exposure to heat and sun, or using a cold compress to chill the area.
How Long Do BOTOX Results Last?
Following your treatment, you should notice that lines and wrinkles either disappear or are significantly reduced for up to 4 months. These improvements should take full effect about 7 to 14 days after the procedure.
Dr. Manios provides BOTOX to help people age much more gracefully than they might without intervention. He recommends receiving treatments on an ongoing basis to limit lines, wrinkles, and other signs of aging over time.
Can BOTOX Be Combined With Other Treatments?
Dr. Manios sometimes combines BOTOX with dermal fillers to perform a liquid facelift. He may recommend JUVÉDERM® to smooth away static wrinkles or add lip volume, VOLUMA® to enhance your cheeks, VOLBELLA® to fill in smile lines and other wrinkles around the face, and other helpful treatments.
Schedule Your Consultation
If you have noticed lines and wrinkles around your eyes or are exploring options for rejuvenating your appearance, you may be a good candidate for BOTOX. To get started, book an appointment online or by phone at (925) 989-6560. Dr. Manios provides BOTOX treatments to East Bay patients from Walnut Creek, San Ramon, and other nearby cities.
More BOTOX FAQs
Is BOTOX Safe?
BOTOX is FDA approved and generally safe when performed by a trained and credentialed injector. Possible rare side effects include swelling, eyelid or eyebrow drooping, and bruising around the injection sites.
Are BOTOX Injections Painful?
BOTOX injections are typically very well-tolerated. Many people say they feel like small, brief pinches. You should not experience any discomfort once your treatment is complete, as there is no downtime associated with the injections.
What Is the Best BOTOX Advice for Before and After Treatment?
Dr. Manios offers guidelines to help you get the most from your treatment and avoid complications related to your care.
Is There Anything I Should Avoid After BOTOX?
For the most part, you are free to return to your usual routine. However, it is best if you avoid lying down for a few hours after your treatment, as this may cause the product to migrate into other areas.
Is There Downtime After BOTOX?
There is no downtime after BOTOX. The treatment takes very little time, and after your appointment, you can return to your daily routine right away.
How Often Should I Get BOTOX if I Am in My Early 30s?
Why wait to have BOTOX until after you have started to show signs of aging? If you are in your early 30s, you might be wondering how often you will have to receive BOTOX in order to stay looking young. Dr. Manios has a few things to say about just that.
Is There Any Way to Make My BOTOX Results Last Longer?
Often, people who regularly keep up with BOTOX appointments notice their results begin to last longer over time. Maintaining your regular treatment schedule is the best way to enjoy slightly longer-lasting results.
*Individual results may vary
A Reputation Built on Results
You deserve the highest caliber of service, care, and results, and at Christopher Manios MD, we're committed to providing all that and more. But don't take our word for it—see for yourself what our actual patients have to say about their experiences with us.Read More Patient Reviews