JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® XC is a more recent addition to the JUVÉDERM family of dermal fillers. Like others in the line, its formula is based on hyaluronic acid, a naturally occurring substance in the body that can help your skin retain moisture and volume.
VOLBELLA is FDA-approved for lip augmentation and for correcting perioral lines—the vertical lines that can develop around your upper and lower lip. Dr. Christopher Manios uses VOLBELLA to help Danville patients reduce these signs of aging and achieve a softer, firmer appearance. He also injects VOLBELLA to reduce the appearance of tear trough lines: the visible demarcation that can occur between your eyelids and cheeks. Improvements in these regions can help you look younger and more alert.
The Benefits of VOLBELLA
ALLERGAN®, the manufacturer of VOLBELLA, designed the product to restore volume subtly and to produce smoother and fuller features. VOLBELLA’s soft, smooth consistency is ideal for delicate areas of the face and offers a natural look and feel.
Danville patients may benefit from VOLBELLA if they have noticed one or both of these changes to their appearance:
- Vertical Lines Above/Around the Lips: These lines can also appear under the bottom lip. These lines are often the result of volume loss combined with repeated lip “pursing” from smoking, drinking coffee, or similar actions.
- Deep Tear Troughs: Over time, the fat planes that lie beneath the skin and that give the face volume may separate from one another. This can create a noticeable boundary between the eyelids and cheeks and cause the cheeks to sag.
VOLBELLA can restore fullness and lift to your features and soften lines and other signs of aging. The benefits of the product can last up to one year, after which time you can return for a follow-up treatment.
Dr. Manios’s Approach with VOLBELLA
Because Dr. Manios has designed his practice to focus on facial rejuvenation and dermal fillers, he offers a wide variety of treatment options that may be suitable for your needs. During your initial visit, he will spend time talking with you about the goals you want to achieve before conducting an assessment of your facial features. Together, you will talk about potential solutions, including VOLBELLA, and decide on a treatment plan.
Dr. Manios follows several guidelines with dermal fillers to help Danville patients get the best results possible:
- He prefers VOLBELLA for treating vertical lines above the lips because the product is both thin and hydrophobic. Other fillers may be too thick and restrict the natural movement of the lips. Vollbella is a fantastic filler in providing patients a smooth and natural look while softening and eradicating vertical lines around the mouth. The boggy issue is really seen with tear troughs and not with lips.
- For vertical lines around the lips, Dr. Manios injects VOLBELLA perpendicularly. The alternative approach of filling each individual line can over time actually alter the surface-level skin and give it an unaesthetic, wavy appearance.
- VOLBELLA is an effective treatment for prominent tear troughs. However, Dr. Manios will first conduct an examination to make certain that the dark hollows beneath your eyes are due to a loss of fat. Certain vein conditions can create the same appearance, in which case he may recommend a different treatment approach.
What You Can Expect with VOLBELLA
VOLBELLA is a non-surgical and non-invasive option for restoring subtle volume to areas of need. As a result, you can receive treatment and then return to normal activities shortly afterward.
Most of Dr. Manios’s patients in Danville who get VOLBELLA injections find the experience very manageable. Dr. Manios will apply a topical anesthetic to numb the areas that he will be treating. He will also provide lidocaine, which should help you stay comfortable during your treatment and also limit bruising and tenderness afterward.
Shortly following your treatment, you should notice that the areas in which Dr. Manios injected VOLBELLA appear fuller and smoother. Vertical lines should become much less visible, tear troughs should show a less prominent transition, and you should be able to enjoy an overall younger and more rested appearance.
VOLBELLA is one of several options for facial rejuvenation that Dr. Manios offers patients in Danville. Explore more solutions with the practice by scheduling an appointment online or by phone at (925) 989-6560.